Sunday 14 January 2007

Just one more sleep ...

... Until I become a Real Librarian, in much the same way that Pinnochio became a Real Boy. 'Course, I've got to actually get to sleep first - there's always a catch. My fella and I have just finished watching a gorgeous movie, Cave of the yellow dog. I had me a nice cup o' herbal tea with purported relaxing properties and we both laid back and got completely captivated by this beautiful tale, which was a nice way to mark pre-librarian life from librarian life, although I had to keep a pad beside me to make notes on for things to remember tomorrow, which means that librarian life already had me in its talons. Oh sure, they look like small talons, but don't be fooled.

So I've gone through several outfits trying to find the right ensemble for tomorrow. It'll be 36 degrees and I'm bussing it, but in the interests of restrained librarian-dress I'm in black slacks and closed-toe shoes. Note to self: deodorant, deodorant, deodorant. Oh yes, and I'll have a top on too. Sure I want to be memorable; just not mammorable.

I am making my lunch tonight and packing my bag so that it's all systems go in the AM. And AM it will be: settin' the alarm for 6.30, is I. Oh, I'm not saying I'll get out of bed at that time, but I will be gently brought into consciousness by the dulcet tones of ye olde clocke at that hour, so that I might lie in bed fretting for a further fifteen minutes.

My fella has just come up and rubbed my back and told me I will be good tomorrow. He's a good man, he is. And while I'm at it: thank you folks and Lady Dahlia for your care and well-wishing. You all know what it's like to anticipate change: and funnily enough, Dad and I are both starting new jobs tomorrow, so there's some symmetry there.

Time for a shower and a turn in. I shall report my adventures as the first foot dips into libraryland in due course. Wish me luck, comrades.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope it all went brilliantly - I'm sure it did! Looking forward to hearing all the deatils.

Love Amber, Richard and kiddlets

Anonymous said...

WELL DONE DUDE! I hope you enjoy your new job. PS, Why the change?